The Directorate for Learning and Assessment Programmes launched the first edition of the Malta STEM Education Awards which was endorsed by the Office of the President of Malta and H.E. Dr George Vella.
These Awards aimed to showcase and celebrate outstanding practitioners that foster high quality STEM education practices on a class/school/college/national level/s.
The Malta STEM Education Awards included:
- Distinguished STEM Educator Award
- Distinguished STEM Technician Award
- Distinguished Educational Leadership in STEM Award
- Distinguished STEM Professional Development Award
- Distinguished STEM Educator within the Community Award
- Distinguished STEM Education Partnership Award
The submitted nominations were reviewed by an independent adjudication panel. The winning nominees within each Award received an award recognition trophy and a commemorative certificate endorsed by the President of Malta H.E. Dr George Vella. The shortlisted runner-up nominees received a certificate of nomination.